I am yet to find someone who does not absolutely love ice cream. Seriously? Do those people actually exist?
If you know me, you know I am all about making things from scratch, and with how busy life gets, the fewer the ingredients, the better!
So here’s a really delicious and simple ice cream recipe that you will absolutely love! No ice cream maker required.
• 3 cups (675ml ) heavy whipping cream, cold
• 1 Can sweetened condensed milk (fat-free or regular), cold
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)(I recommend adding the vanilla as it stops you ice cream from going to hard and icy in the freezer and keeps it nice and creamy)
1. Mix whipping cream and condensed until well combined.
2. Add a teaspoon of vanilla or any flavour you would like and mix well
3. Place it in a plastic container with a lid and freeze for 2-3 hours (I used an ordinary lunch box)
1. Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
2. Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold cream on medium/high speed until soft peaks form. (If you have no mixer, you can whip by hand with a whisk or two forks)
3. Turn off the machine and pour the cold condensed milk into the whipped cream.
4. Turn the speed up to high and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Turn off the machine and stir in vanilla extract (optional).
6. Store excess ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer.
Go crazy with it. Add fresh fruit into the mix, spice it up with some melted chocolate or like I did with some sprinkles.
Super quick, easy and delicious!